When we reviewed a belt from Arcade last year (you can see that here), we came away rather impressed. They’re simple, they get the job done (holding your pants up) with style, and offer something with no metal in it, so you’re not setting off detectors. While their prior designs were great, they’ve released some interesting new ones, including a brand-new buckle design.
The Grounded Collection
This is the most recent collection for Arcade, and features a bunch of interesting designs that feel very outdoors ready (or at least outdoors-inpired). These all come in at $31.95, and there are five different designs:
Regardless of the design, they’ve all got these features:
- Performance Stretch – Freedom of motion to move with your body, providing a secure hold with no pinching
- Custom Fit – More precise than holes, micro-adjustable buckle dials in your exact fit
- Recycled Materials – Webbing is made with 85% post-consumer recycled REPREVE®️ polyester
- Low-Profile Buckle – Minimizes bulk where you bend
- Long-lasting Materials – Our buckle is molded with high density plastic that is durable, yet lightweight, designed to endure the toughest outdoor adventures
- Machine Wash and Dryable – Throw ’em in the laundry with your pants
- Travel Friendly – Metal-free buckle makes airport security a breeze
The New Buckle
As we mentioned up top, there’s also a brand new buckle style that Arcade has introduced on the A2 belts. While there was nothing wrong, per se, with the existing buckle, it’s always good to see a brand push themselves to innovate. This new design is all about slimming things down to increase comfort, while still ensuring they’ve got a robust design that will hold up to strenuous activities. It seems a winner in our book, and we’re working to get a review sample in to compare to the prior design.
Whatever particular style you pick, any belt with the new A2 buckle (which start at $34.95) will offer the following:
- Performance Stretch: Performance webbing – made with REPREVE® recycled yarn – firmly stretches and moves with your body
- Easy On & Off: New tapered buckle design feeds easily through belt loops, tail end first.
- Travel Friendly Design: Metal-free, durable buckle makes travel security easy
- Contoured Fit: Buckle closely mirrors the curve of your form to rest in a natural position
- Lifetime Guarantee: Built to last with high-quality performance grade components tested in the field and in the lab.
Are they worth it?
In our book – and from our experience – the construction and fit of these belts make them great for travel, outdoors activities, or general summer usage. Basically, anytime you don’t want to be weighed down by a belt or have it be in your way, the offerings from Arcade are a top-notch option. You can check out the full range of what they have over at arcadebelts.com