We’ve written about BioLite and their FirePit a few times in the past, both in terms of reviewing the original version (you can see that here), as well as some of the improvements that they made earlier this year. Well, now we’re back into the swing of backyard grilling and campfires, so we thought we’d bring this back up, as we saw a small price drop on the BioLite FirePit Cooking Kit.
So, first things first – the BioLite FirePit Cooking Kit is a kit pulling together a few different things. First and foremost, it’s the BioLite FirePit ($250), with some nice add ons – a grilling cover to keep the heat in (and the bugs off), a cast-iron griddle, and a toolkit with longer handles to keep your hands away from the heat. In our review, I did use it for cooking up some food (albeit without the extra goodies), and it worked quite well. Then, as a nice follow-on, if you’re cooking with charcoal, you can just lower the internal grate, put some wood on, and now you’ve got a campfire to wind down the day with.
In other words, the BioLite FirePit Cooking Kit can pull double-duty as both a charcoal grill (think of it in terms of size and height like the classic Smokey Joe) and your backyard firepit, complete with a built-in fan to keep the flames (and heat) going. As we mentioned, there was a small pricedrop, and we’re now seeing that the BioLite FirePit Cooking Kit is available now for $360. bioliteenergy.com
Details from Biolite
- Smokeless – the FirePit + creates hyper-efficient flames with patented airflow technology
- Easily portable – foldable legs & weighs only 20lb
- 12,800 mAh battery for longer run-times & charges your cell phone
- Burns charcoal + wood – easily transition between grilling and chilling with the dual-function FirePit
- Grill Lid – for concentrated heat cooking, great for burgers and hot dogs
- Griddle – a perfectly scaled cast iron Griddle for group meals, backcountry breakfast, and more
- ToolKkt – an elongated ToolKit wrapped in a chef’s roll for easy portability of grilling utensils.