When it comes to collaborations in the tech and gadget arena, we’re used to those relationships sort of being all over the place, grabbing onto whatever may be popular in gaming, say, or pop culture. For luxury watches, though, they tend to play things a little bit safer. Which makes the Panerai Luminor Quaranta Razer all that much more of a surprise.
In short, you can view this as a stealthed-out version of the Panerai Luminor Quaranta, with an additional dose of Razer green for the sub-seconds hand, and the Razer logo appearing on the dial and the caseback.
As part of this collaboration, they’re also raising funds for Conservation International, an environmental non-profit. For this, they’re focusing on funding research on manta rays. If you want to complete your Razer collection, this will run you a bit more than another mouse. The Panerai Luminor Quaranta Razer is available now for $8,400, and only 500 are being made. panerai.com / razer.com
Tech Specs from Panerai
- Model: PAM01353
- Movement: Automatic mechanical, P.900 calibre, 12 1⁄2 lignes, 4.2 mm thick, 23 jewels, 28,800 alternations/hour. IncablocTM anti-shock device. One barrel. 171 components
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date Power Reserve: Three days
- Case: 40mm brushed eSteelTM with DLC coating, brushed eSteelTM bezel with DLC coating, eSteelTM caseback with DLC coating. Safety Lock crown protection device in brushed eSteelTM with DLC coating. Sapphire crystal formed of corondum
- Dial: Black with luminous Arabic numerals and hour markers. Date at 3 o’clock and small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Strap: Recycled black PET strap, green stitching, 22/20 BA, buckle in Steel DLC with QR system
- Water-Resistance: 10 bar (~100 meters)
One thought on “Razer now has a watch?”
Razer actually have done a couple collabs for watches, and even made their own smart watch. I used to have the Razer Nabu Watch.