While I’ve tested out a number of different sets of headphones and earbuds over the last two years, the ones I keep coming back to time and again are the ones from Soundcore. They offer a solid mix of features, functions, and affordability, and subsequent designs in a line show improvements from the prior generation. One of the latest to have hit the upgrade cycle is the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro.
Now, you may recall we reviewed a prior set of Soundcore earbuds (the Liberty Air 2 Pro), and I came away from that review really quite impressed by how well the active noise cancellation (ANC) worked on them. Sure, over-ear will be a bit better with the noise isolation, but the Soundcore engineers have really done quite a nice job. Well, the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro also have ANC as well, and we expect them to perform just as well.
I feel this is helped by the custom tuning that the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro are able to do via the associated app. In my prior experience, it basically runs you through a stripped down version of the hearing test you’d have at a doctor’s office, figuring out what ranges – both frequencies and volumes – your ears can pick up, and then adjusting the EQ settings to fit what your ears can actually handle. This is also then applied to the ANC that the buds are providing, which should provide a nice bit of filtering.
With wireless earbuds, how they fit in your ear – and how they stay there – go a long way in terms of comfort, and just how much you’ll like using them. The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro come with the standard ear tips that you’re used to, but then they’ve also got different sized “wings” that you can put on there. Those help hold the earbuds in place. To wear them, you put the earbuds in vertically, and then twist them back to sort of lock them in place. Of course, you’d have to test that out to know how well it works in practice, and we’re working on getting a sample in.
With an 8 hour run time on a charge (and a total of 32 hours available via the charging case), the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro should easily last you through your workout or commute. Maybe not the headset you’d wear all day long (we’d go for the Q35 for that), but one that’ll be a solid companion while you’re on the move, particularly with the tuning it can do, and the various noise-cancelling modes that they’ve got available (similar to what we’ve seen on their more recent models). Oh, and the ability to pair to up to 7 devices – and have two set as active at one time – means you can easily move between devices on the ear buds. The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro is available in grey, black, white, or purple for $149.99 (this is a $20 discount they’re running at the moment, and expires on the 14th). soundcore.com
Details from Soundcore
- Recommended by 20 GRAMMY Winning Audio Producers
- ACAA 2.0: Our exclusive coaxial dual driver technology delivers high and low frequency sound directly to your ear without interference. Its wide soundstage is detailed and spacious, bass has a deep punch, mids are luscious, and treble sparkles.
- Personalized Noise Cancelling: Standard noise cancelling only adjusts noise based on data. HearID ANC analyzes your ears and level of in-ear pressure to create a tailored profile that optimizes noise reduction and reduces external sound to suit your ears.
- Fusion Comfort Fit: Liberty 3 Pro’s earbuds have a triple-point ergonomic shape and built-in ear pressure relief for all-day comfort. 4 sizes of liquid silicone ear tips and flexible ear wings ensure you get a strong seal and secure grip.
- Up to 32 Hours of Playtime: Enjoy up to 8 hours of music from a single charge, plus get 3 full charges from the compact charging case to extend the playtime even further. Recharge the case via USB-C cable or wireless charger.
- Sound: Golden sound via 10.6mm coaxial dual driver technology (ACAA 2.0) and personalized active noise cancelling (HearID ANC)
- Codecs: LDAC, AAC, SBCLDAC, AAC, SBC
- Playtime: 8/32 Hours
- Fast charging: Charge for 15 minutes, listen for 3 hours
- Single use: Both earbuds
- Calls: 6 microphones with AI-uplink noise reduction6 microphones with AI-uplink noise reduction
- Multipoint connection: Yes
- Other features: HearID personalized sound, 3D surround sound, IPX4 waterproof
- Recommended for: Commute, work from home, business calls, workoutCommute, work from home, business calls, workout
All products recommended by Knapsack are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.