mophie (which is one of the brands under the Zagg umbrella) is not stranger to us here with the various accessories they offer. Just recently, they released a bunch of new charging options. So whether you’re looking for travel options, wireless charging at home, or fast (and efficient) GaN chargers, they’ve got you covered.
First, let’s talk about the wireless charging, which is part of the mophie snap+ line. You can get a simple charging stand (which would require magsafe), a three-position charger (magsafe stand, spot for Apple Watch charging, and a qi pad for your headphones), or a very interesting travel solution, which has the wireless charging rolling up into a portable pack, and even includes USB-A and USB-C ports for charging stuff that can’t do it wirelessly. Here’s how the pricing for the range breaks down:
- snap+ charging stand & pad – $79.95
- snap+ 3-in-1 wireless charging stand – $99.95
- snap+ multi-device travel charger – $99.95
On the other hand, if you’re not interested as much in wireless charging, but you want a super-efficient charger, a GaN (Gallium Nitride) is the newest material being used in chargers (like we saw here). Being more efficient, it means the charger itself doesn’t heat up nearly as much, and you’re wasting less electricity. For this collection, the mophie speedport lineup offers charging output ranging from 20W to 120W (which allows you to charge a laptop), and in configurations that range from a single-port travel charger to a larger brick style. Pricing comes out as follows:
- speedport 20 ($24.95) – The speedport 20 delivers up to 20W of fast charging power to your portable device and can charge an iPhone 13 from 0-50% in 30 minutes2.
- speedport 30 ($34.95) – The speedport 30 delivers up to 30W of fast charging power in an ultra-compact design for travel, home, and office. It can also charge an iPhone 13 from 0-80% in 60 minutes and features foldable prongs to help fit neatly in your bag or pocket3.
- Speedport 45 ($49.95) – The speedport 45 features two USB-C ports, folding prongs, and delivers up to a maximum shared output of 45W to a phone, tablet, and other digital devices4. The speedport 45 can also charge an iPhone 13 from 0-80% in 60 minutes3.
- speedport 67 ($59.95) – The speedport 67 delivers up to a maximum shared output of 67W of fast charging power to your portable devices via two USB-C ports5. This product also features folding prongs so it fits more easily in your pocket or bag.
- Speedport 120 ($99.95) – The speedport 120 delivers a maximum shared output of up to 120W of power to your portable devices6. With four output ports, you can charge four devices at once. Access up to 100W of power using only the first USB-C port to fully charge a large device like a laptop. Use any combination of the three USB-C ports and one USB-A port to simultaneously access up to 120W of power collectively.
All in all, it’s a broad range of charging options, that should cover you for whatever you may need. The presence of a lot of qi-enabled wireless charging, as well a lot of USB-C ports, shows us the direction things are headed, with the trusty USB-A ports starting to make their way out the door. If you want to pick one of these up, head on over to zagg.com