When you’re headed out for a walk or a jog in the summer, a jacket is usually the furthest thing from your mind. Get into cooler weather – especially winter – then layers become key. I’ve adapted to my own layering solution, but the recently-announced Nathan Sports Adventure Jacket looks like a very good option.
For starters, the Nathan Sports Adventure Jacket offers both wind and water resistance, which means going out for a jog in the morning when it’s misty and breezy (like I did the other day) you’ve got a layer that’s helping keep the warmth in, and keeping your base layer dry. Then again, if the jacket is so restrictive you don’t want to move, then that’s defeating the purpose.
Here, 4-way stretch plus articulated sleeves help it so the Nathan Sports Adventure Jacket isn’t binding you up as you’re moving around. If you’re going for a trail run, you’ll appreciate the fact that it’s got some abrasion resistance built in (which makes this a good camping/hiking layer as well).
Around the front of the jacket, you’ve got two zippered pockets (handy to keep those lightweight running gloves stashed), and you’ve got a third pocket – also zippered – internal to the jacket. Whatever purpose I have for a jacket, and internal pocket is always an added bonus, as it’s a good place to stash your phone, a notebook, or even some sunglasses.
In short, the Nathan Sports Adventure jacket looks good for a layer in cold (or warm) weather runs, backup rain jacket while out camping, or even just general grab-and-go usage while commuting. It’s available in five sizes (from S to XXL) and three colors (grey, black, and blue) for $135 direct from nathansports.com
Details from Nathan Sports
- VersaFlex™ 4-way stretch double weave stretch woven fabric
- Water and wind resistant to ensure warmth
- Abrasion resistant, means less snags and tears when hiking
- Reflective logo on right sleeve and center back for visibility in low light conditions
- Attached 3 panel hood for best fit to keep the elements at bay
- Two Piece articulated sleeves for increased mobility
- Exposed reverse coil center front zip with internal draft flap to block wind
- 2 front zippered pockets
- Internal zippered pocket for cell phone and other small valuables
- Fit Type: Relaxed