The last time we took a look at Jack Wolfskin, we had one of their jackets in (along with a t-shirt). In that review, we noted that the shell was a great layer, but it wasn’t that insulated in and of itself (though, we’ve been testing it layered with a fleece, and it’s been great). Well, if you want something more geared for winter activities, then the Jack Wolfskin Atmos jacket could be what you’re looking for.
While the Go Hike Softshell was all about giving you a light and flexible layer for being outside, the Jack Wolfskin Atmos jacket realizes that sometimes you just need insulation, and this one has a synthetic fiber used to help keep you warm even if the jacket itself gets damp. Then again, the ripstop shell is treated with DWR, so it should repel some of that mouisture, and the fleece on the arms and side panels should allow your own sweat to evaporate out some if you’re getting active.
Speaking of active, the Jack Wolfskin Atmos jacket also has stretch built in, so you’re not going to feel like you’re getting bound up by the jacket itself. The jacket is available in both a women’s cut/sizing as well as in a men’s style. Regardless of the style, size, or even color, the jacket is available now for $199.95. Also worth noting, is that it can pack down into it’s own pocket, which makes it easy to throw into a pack or bag for the weekend, as a “just in case” sort of a layer, or even for use as a pillow. Check it out over at jackwolfskin.com
Specs from Jack Wolfskin
- Weight: 450 g (size M)
- FLEX SHIELD AIRLITE RIPSTOP: very light, breathable, stretchy and abrasion resistant softshell fabric with wind resistant and water repellent properties and ripstop construction
- NANUK DYNAMIC NATUREBLEND: soft, breathable, two-way stretch fleece made from 61% recycled polyester and at least 25% TENCEL™ lyocell fibres (TENCEL™) (sides and sleeve panels)
- FLEX SHIELD AITLITE PLAIN: very light, breathable, stretchy and abrasion resistant softshell fabric with wind resistant and water repellent properties
- MICROGUARD STRETCH (60 g/m²): lightweight, stretchy, synthetic fibre insulation
- 2 hand pockets, chest pocket
- Adjustable hem
- Abrasion-resistant – the outer fabric is made of ripstop construction with wind-resistant, water-repellent technology
- 61% recycled polyester and 25% Tencel – breathable, moisture-wicking fabric
- Synthetic fiber insulation keeps you warm in damp conditions