Why turkey hunting? Well, though it feels like the wrong season, there’s actually a turkey hunting season underway now in North America. If you’re heading out into the woods – especially if you’re hunting – then some camouflage layers are going to be key, and FORLOH has you covered.
Now, for me, I’ve never gone turkey hunting, and I don’t see it happening anytime soon. However, I’ve definitely found the utility of camouflage when you’re out in the woods (courtesy of some army surplus stuff back in the day) because it simply doesn’t show the dirt and such as you’re doing all that outdoorsy stuff. Now, that said, if you’re not looking for camo, both of these FORLOH options are available in other colors as well.
First up, there’s the FORLOH Insect Shield® SolAir Hooded Long Sleeve Shirt. That’s a lot of words, but it does a good job of describing what exactly this shirt is offering. It’s got the bug repellent (to keep mosquitos, ticks, and the like away) so you don’t have to spray yourself down. It’s also breathable and moisture-wicking, meaning you should stay cooler no matter how active you’re getting. With the hood and long sleeves, you’re also able to keep yourself protected from the sun, with an 900+ UPF rating. These are available in both men’s and women’s styles, for $109.
To go with those shirts (or maybe just for a robust outdoors pair of pants), there’s the FORLOH AllClima Stretch Woven Pant. From my own experience, these pants have a lot of great things built into them. First off, you’ve got articulated knees that also have some knee pads built in. This is great, because you’ll end up with at least one knee on the ground more often than you’d think. You’ve got six different pockets plus a spot just for a pocket knife, meaning you can carry whatever you need. Finally, the fabric used has 4-way stretch and water resistance, so you can keep going, no matter the weather. These are also available in men’s and women’s style, for $249.
All in all, these are interesting options, especially as they’re made here in the States, so you’re supporting the effort to manufacture quality clothing more locally, rather than just racing to the lowest price by manufacturing all around the world. We’ve not seen FORLOH in person (yet), but these two pieces of gear seem spot-on for outdoors activities, be it hunting, camping, or hiking. Check out their full range over at forloh.com
Details from FORLOH
FORLOH Insect Shield® SolAir Hooded Long Sleeve Shirt
- Insect Shield® for invisible, odorless protection against mosquitos, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and midges. Lasts the expected lifetime of the garment.
- Brrr® Pro enhanced cooling, hyper wicking and drying fibers
- Polygiene® Stay Fresh eliminates odors formed by bacteria
- Polygiene® Odor Crunch eliminates foreign odors
- Elastic, lightweight and strong
- 4-way stretch for mobility and comfort
- Made in USA
FORLOH AllClima Stretch Woven Pant
- AbraSynthetic Ultra Suede foam bonded and water-resistant Knee Pads.
- Water-resistant 4-way stretch woven twill fabric
- Quiet YKK reverse coil zippers
- Welded seamless pocket construction creating a superior weather barrier
- Mesh backed hip ventilation zippers
- DWR treated, stretch woven twill: 84% Poly/14% Spandex, 315 GSM
- Articulated knees for engineered mobility
- Gusseted crotch for mobile comfort
- Pocket knife sleeve
- Fully-functional zippered-fly
- Internal waist silicone gripper for a locked-in feel
- Two zippered secure hand pockets
- Two zippered secure cargo pockets
- Two zippered secure seat pockets