You know us – we’re all about new headphones hitting the market. Some folks like earbuds, others like over-ear; some folks want wires, and others want to cut the cord. That’s why we like seeing new stuff come out – it’s likely hitting a sweet spot for someone who just hasn’t found the right one yet. Recently, Anker came out swinging with the announcement of the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds.
Previously, we’ve looked at the over-ear headphones (both the Q20 and Q30) from the brand, and have come away favorably impressed. We haven’t looked at the earbuds just yet (though, we do have a pair in for review right now, so be on the lookout for that). The first version of the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds (back in 2019) was the brand’s foray into high-quality true wireless earbuds. For this release, there’s one very cool new feature that they’ve added – active noise cancellation.
For an earbud, getting a seal on the ear can be trickier than it is with over-ear headphones, so we’ll be curious to see how it works in practice. Past the basic mechanics, the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds also leverage the app we first saw in the Q30 review that allow you to tune the the noise cancellation based on the environment that you find yourself in. I found this pretty handy with the Q30, and will be playing around with it on the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds.
The Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds also – again, via the app – can sort of self-tune themselves via a hearing test that you can run, and then have some tuning options to give you the best sort of sound. In short, it sounds like there is a LOT being packed into these small $130 earbuds, which are available now. Of course, we’ll be doing our own testing to see how these perform, and will bring you that review soon. soundcore.com
Details from Anker
- PureNote Driver technology with 11mm drivers for accurate sound and clarity at all frequencies.
- Multi-mode ANC with Transport, Indoor and Outdoor settings for customizable usage levels
- Two transparency modes enhance the environment including voices without removing earbuds.
- 7-hour battery in earbuds with ANC off / 6-hour battery with ANC on
- Qi wireless charging case with 26 hour battery with ANC off / 21 hour battery with ANC on as well as USB-C charging.
- Anker Fast Charging technology – 10 minutes charging earbuds = 2 hours of playtime
- Premium call quality using 6-mic uplink noise reduction helps optimize voices and minimize background noise.
- Customizable user touch controls to set preferences for play/pause, track advance, volume, etc. ®
- Voice-assistant compatibility with Siri at launch and other popular voice-assistants in the future.
- Nine sets of silicone ear tips, ranging from XXXS to XL and L+ in ensure a proper fit.
- Bluetooth version – 5.0
- Waterproof rating – IPX4
- Available in Four Colors: Onyx Black, Titanium White, Sapphire Blue, and Crystal Pink
- Earbud size // Case size – 1.47” x 0.87” x 0.91” // 2.44” x 2.35” x 1.18”
- Earbud weight / Case weight – 0.37 oz // 1.78 oz
- MSRP: $129.99 / £129.99 / €129.99 / $169.99 (CAD)
All products recommended by Knapsack are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.