A few months back, we introduced to you the blankets that Voited is making (you can see that here). There seemed to be an interesting mix of functionality going on with the blanket, so we got on in for review, and we’ve been spending time with it. Read on and check out what we thought of the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket.\
The first thing I noticed about the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket was how compactly it packs down. For the kids, we’ve got similar blankets (from a larger brand) that do not pack down nearly this compactly (and even in those stuff sacks, it feels like it barely fits). Here, the it all packs into the stuff sack, and it doesn’t feel like a fight to get it in there. It means it’s a thinner blanket, sure, but that’s what we have here. Even, with the fill they have (and the baffling to keep things in place) the blanket makes for a very good summer evening layer. They’ve got it rated down to about 55 degrees, which is more than fine for sitting by a fire (or chilling on the couch).
Once I pulled the blanket out, I was surprised by just how large the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket actually is. Being 6’3″, I’m not used to seeing a blanket that could cover me head-to-toe, but that’s exactly what this one can do (it’s 80″ on it’s longest side). And that’s great, because my feet tend to get cold, so I like to fold a blanket over to make a little pocket to keep them warm, and I can do that and still have the blanket pulling up over me.
As we noted in the first writeup, the snaps on the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket really make this a flexible piece. You could use them to put it around your shoulders and keep things hands-free or snap it into a light-weight sleeping sack. I imagine the enterprising Voited owner – if they’ve got more than one of these – could snap them together for even more coverage if they were so inclined.
In our house, having blankets for everyone is all but a necessity, as someone might be cold while we’re watching a show, while we’re on a road trip, or even sitting by a campfire. That the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket can pack down so compactly means it’s a cinch to keep the room clean when they’re not being used, and to pack them in the car. Add in the fact that these are machine-washable, and you don’t have to worry about them smelling like campfire for a month after your last trip, or even if you spilled something on them. All in all, it’s a great blanket, and I do like the fact that recycled materials are used in the construction as well. You can pick up the Voited Recycled Ripstop Camping Blanket for $110 in the design we showed here (or a variety of others). Check it out over at voited.com
Details from Voited
- Packed: 36x16x16cm (13.2x5x5inch)
- Pillow: 38x38x10cm (15x15x4inch)
- Blanket: 137x203cm (54x80inch)
- Bionic Finish®Eco Fluorine Free Coating 50D 100% Recycled RipStop REPREVE® 3D Synthetic Featherlight Fiber insulation made out of 100% yarn
- At the centre of our three-layer sandwich construction we use 3D Featherlight Fiber, a super breathable and warm micro-thermal fill insulation. This gives VOITED blankets improved rebound, a lofty touch, warmth like with down and allows for conventional machine washing.
- Add to this our recycled Ripstop REPREVE® outer fabric with Bionic Finish®Eco Fluorine Free treatment for improved water and stain resistance and you have a super versatile blanket that will quickly become your go to outdoor accessory.
- Weight: 1100gr (2.42lbs/ 38.8oz)
- Warmth Rating:
- To be used for extra comfort during chilly evenings and cooler nights. Provides warmth up until around 13°C/55F* *Temperatures have been tested extensively, however the results remain subjective. Recommended lowest temperature.