Over on WWR, we’re used to seeing brands strike up partnerships with other companies or events for any number of reasons. When it comes to the smartwatch, or more specifically fitness watches, that doesn’t happen nearly as much. However, a new release – the Amazfit T-Rex Pro – has become an official partner of Spartan Race US.
Given that those sorts of races are, shall we say, on the tougher end of the spectrum (no “fun runs” there), for a watch to sign on to be perfect for the event, well, that’s a vote of confidence in the toughness and reliability of the watch, to put it succinctly. Which means – if you’re like me – the Amazfit T-Rex Pro with it’s 15 different milspec tests passed, will take what you’re throwing at it.
On one hand, the Amazfit T-Rex Pro gives us a format we’re familiar with – a touch screen enabled smartwatch (that can communicate with your phone) and will track your heart rate and your mileage when you go out for exercise. It’s more than a simple heart-rate monitor, though. As you can see in the spec list below (and by going through the product page) you’ve got a a device that can track your oxygen (key for quite a number of outdoor sporst), as well as a built-in barometer. That last piece, that seems to be being leveraged for painting a picture of how the environment might be impacting you.
In many ways, there’s a lot interesting going on here with the Amazfit T-Rex Pro. Sure, it’s not running a known OS (though the screens look a bit Android Wear-ish to me), but that’s less critical if you can keep it updated, and can get your data out to other platforms that many use to track workouts and such. We’ve got one in for review, so we’ll be giving you our thoughts on it soon. In the meantime, you can check out the $179.99 Amazfit T-Rex Pro right at amazfit.com.
Tech Specs from Amazfit
- Dimensions: 47.7 X 47.7 X 13.5mm
- Weight: 59.4g (with strap)
- Body material: Polycarbonate
- Strap material: Silicone rubber
- Strap length: 122mm (long), 78mm (short)
- Strap width: 22mm
- Water-resistance grade: 10 ATM
- Touchscreen: Tempered glass + anti-fingerprint coating
- 1.3″ HD AMOLED Display
- Resolution: 360 X 360
- Always-on Display
2 PPG bio-tracking optical sensor
- 3-axis acceleration sensor
- 3-axis gyroscope sensor
- Geomagnetic sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Barometric altimeter
- Positioning: GPS+GLONASS, GPS+BeiDou, GPS+Galileo
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- 390 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Charging timeUp to 1.5 hours
- Charging method: Magnetic 2-pins Pogo Pin
- Battery life
- Typical usage: up to 18 days
- Heavy usage: up to 9 days
- GPS continuous working time: up to 40 hours
- Operating system: RTOS
- Supported devices: Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above
- Packing listWatch body (including standard strap)
- App: Zepp App
All products recommended by Knapsack are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.