The game, called Airplane Mode by AMC (they of the Walking Dead) have created a flight simulator that isn’t exactly what you’d expect.(more…)
Analogue has been making clever remakes of old consoles and now they’ve one-upped themselves with the Pocket. The device, which is about as big as the original Game Boy, can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games – the cartridges, not the ROM files – and will be able to play Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Atari Lynx with upcoming adapters.(more…)
The Switch was an impressively fun piece of hardware. Thanks to the removable Joy-Cons and the HDMI-based dock system it picked up where with Wii U left off, offering portable and TV-based gameplay in one small package.(more…)
The path forks. The bike is now on. What should you do next? If you’re confused then welcome to the brave new world of AI text adventure games.
These early games games were great fun now, thanks to modern machine learning, we can find out what happens when an AI tries to create its own. The results are unintentionally hilarious.(more…)
I suspect you or someone in your house would love to know that Minecraft now has bees.
From the release:
We’re buzzing with excitement!
• Bees are cute, fuzzy, neutral mobs
• Don’t hurt them, they don’t want to hurt you
• If a bee does sting you, it will leave its stinger in you and eventually die, dropping nothing 🙁
• Bees love pretty flowers and spend their lives gathering pollen from them
• After gathering pollen, bees fly back to their home nest
• Bees help you by growing crops while carrying pollen back to the nest
• Bees can be bred using flowers
• Bees like sharing the location of their favorite flowers with other bees
• If a bee can’t find nectar, after a while it will return home for a bit
• If a bee doesn’t have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one it can use
• Bees don’t like the rain and they sleep at night. They will go back to the nest in these cases