You knew it was going to happen – Apple announced new iPhones, and that means that there are new options to protect that new (and possibly quite expensive) purchase. Some of our favorites have come from the Zagg family, and this launch is no different.
I know cases can be a very individual choice (colors, patterns, and the like) but screen protection, well, that’s just something that you need that fits the screen, applies cleanly, and actually protects the screen. Tempered glass is where it’s at, and the InvisibleShield lineup is one of the best in my own experience. For the iPhone 12, we’ve got not just tempered glass, but also protection from microbes and nosy people:
- Glass Elite VisionGuard+ ($49.99 MSRP) – our strongest glass screen protector ever, Glass Elite VisionGuard+ is combined with a blue light filter and infused with Kastus® anti-microbial technology that kills up to 95% of human coronavirus after 30 minutes, and up to 99.9% of Staph and E. coli surface bacteria.
- Glass Elite+ ($39.99 MSRP) – Ion exchange technology increases its strength and durability, and ClearPrint™ makes fingerprints disappear from your screen. Glass Elite+ is also infused with Kastus anti-microbial technology that lasts the life of the screen protector.
- Glass Elite Privacy+ ($44.99 MSRP) – this screen protector features Kastus anti-microbial technology and a two-way privacy filter that prevents wandering eyes from seeing your screen when viewed from the side.
Now, on the more subjective front, we’ve got a whole mess of cases from the Gear4 lineup, in both colors and clear (and clear cases with color-tinged frames), and ones that fold a flap over the front of your screen:
- Wembley Palette($29.99) – more than just a pretty case. We’ve reinforced the areas most vulnerable to impact—the top, bottom, and sides—with D3O® to give you 10 feet (3m) of drop protection.
- Wembley Flip ($39.99) – this case unites impact protection and a folio-style that’s made with recycled plastic from water bottles. Integrated slots in the cover hold your cards or ID, and the D3O-reinforced top, bottom, and corners provide 10-foot (3m) drop protection.
- Holborn Slim ($39.99) – this case, with D3O-reinforced back and sides, provides 10 feet (3m) of drop protection and is available in a soft-touch finish; it’s a stand-out for strength and style.
- Piccadilly($39.99) – the Piccadilly case is drop resistant up to 13 feet (4m), and features D3O material—available in a range of colors—that is injection-molded into the rim of the case. Its scratch-resistant surface has anti-yellowing properties so the transparent case remains beautifully clear.
- Crystal Palace ($39.99) – this case is drop resistant up to 13 feet (4m) thanks to D3O. The backplate is made of polycarbonate, the same material used in bulletproof glass, so it will keep the iPhone 12 safe and sound.
- Hackney 5G ($49.99) – this case doesn’t just protect and show off the sleek lines of the new iPhone; it also allows a clear 5G signal to pass through. The Hackney 5G case was created using D3O 5G Signal Plus™ technology, so you get crystal clear calls and faster speeds.
- Battersea ($49.99) – Our hardback, durable Battersea case can take on almost anything. This case provides extra protection with D3O surrounding the frame and back plate for drop resistance up to 16 feet (5m).
Myself, I’d probably go for the Battersea, but one of the clear ones would be fun for the ability to have stickers and whatnot wedged between the phone and case to have some extra personalization. Either way, it’s a full range of protection – both cases and screen protectors – that keep your expensive pocket computer protected. zagg.com