The Eggtronic Charging Stone is a wireless charger puck compatible with any Qi wireless charging device – just like a million other devices out there. But this one is made from a solid block of marble. It’s heavy, substantial, stylish, and most importantly works. It now sits as a permanent fixture in my kitchen, blending in with the rest of the house
Eggtronic Wireless Charging Stone is a powerful and elegant wireless charger for smartphones, to charge without cables all compatible devices. Works great with the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, and is compatible with all Qi-enabled devices including the Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. The Stone features a design in real marble for a stylish look, and an integrated cable for maximum resistance.
HEAVY & SOLID. This is one substantial charging puck, and looks great. It’s packed simply in a cardboard box, and comes with a permanently attached USB-A cable. On the bottom it’s covered with a soft velvety black material, which makes for good non skid, non scratch performance. That velvet covering on the bottom is actually important, since the marble the rest of the puck is made out of actually would scratch a wood or other soft surface. I also noticed that the USB cable is permanently attached, and enters the puck at a little jaggedly carved notch. It’s USB-A only.
It works great to charge all of my Qi charging devices. I use it daily to keep an iPhone and Airpods charged, and have also tried it on a number of android phones, and wireless battery packs. There’s no indicator lights at all on the unit – so you verify charging using whatever charging indicator the device you need to charge has – I love this.
While the cord is USB-A, it does charge up to 10W, if plugged into a compatible charger. My iPhone11Pro charges on this puck as fast as any other top-end wireless charger.
About that permanently attached, USB-A only cord. That’s the biggest flaw of this product. The cord is permanently attached to the puck – so if you want a longer or shorter cord, you’re out of luck. Additionally, the carved notch that the cord enters the puck at on the charger is jagged – which has led to the beginning of a an abrasion fraying right where the cord enters the puck. On a non-replacable cable. that’s a major issue. And finally, it’s USB-A. On a solid stone puck that’s ostensibly supposed to last a while, it’s unacceptable to use this old, outdated, phased out standard. It should be using USB-C.
- WIRELESS CHARGING: Yep, it works.
- HIGH POWER CHARGER: Charges about as fast as any other top-quality wireless charger.
- PREMIUM DESIGN: Love the looks, but deficiences in the cord design are an issue.
- Qi COMPATIBLE: No compatibility issues so far.
Should You Buy It?
If you’re looking for a stylish wireless charing puck that compliments a modern home, and don’t mind a permanent cable and old school USB-A connection, then go for it. If you’re looking to use your own cable, or want the potentially added longevity of a connector that will take any USB-C cable, keep looking. If you want a lightweight charger for travel, of course this is not the one.
- Brand & Model: Eggtroinic Wireless Charing Stone
- Price: USD $69.90
- Who we think it might be for: Style-concious techie who wants a charger that looks good and works well.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Add a strong USB-C connector in a recess in the middle of the underside (not on the outside edge), and let users pick which cable they use for it. Get rid of the completely covering velvet underside in favor of high quality anti skid feet, allowing access to the recessed USB-C connector. Smooth out the cable routing notch, and add inset cable management catches.
- What spoke to me the most about this: It’s solid marble and looks/feels great!
- Diameter: Ø 4.65 in
- Thickness: 0.82 in
- Input: 5V 2A
- Output: 5W/7.5W/10W fast charge