Hey, so remember the Polar Ignite that we reviewed earlier this week? While I thought there were some technical shortcomings that firmware and app development could overcome, it’s not a bad fitness watch. It just needed some more time in the usability labs. That aside, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more compact fitness-oriented watch.
While my own tastes in color are ok with the black and white that the Polar Ignite was initial offered in, I realize that may not work for everyone. Sometimes you want a pop of color, and I get that. To that end, Polar just announced that the Ignite is available in Copper and Rose Gold. This takes the form of the bezel that surrounds the touch screen on the watch.
Functionally and feature-wise, the Polar Ignite remains unchanged from the model we reviewed earlier this week, you’ve just got some more options when it comes to finding a color combo that works to your own sense of style. polar.com
Tech Specs from Polar
- Sleep Quality Insights with Sleep Plus Stages™
- Recovery Insights with Nightly Recharge™
- Nightly Recharge takes sleep measurement analysis even further by interpreting a user’s Sleep Score and then combining it with daily recovery information from the body.
- Personalized Training with FitSpark™
- /Sophisticated & Additional Features/
- Smart Coaching In addition to new sleep analytics and fitness guidance, Polar Ignite provides a variety of performance features spanning multiple sports:
- Serene™ Offers new guided breathing exercises, right from the wrist. Athletes’ bodies don’t distinguish between stress from training and other parts of life, and mental well-being is an important part of recovery. Regular, daily breathing exercises with Serene can help balance body and mind, recover better, and even help with better sleep.
- Daily Activity and :* Continuous Heart Rate Intelligently combines activity and heart rate data to calculate daily calorie burn and steps outside of training, and offers a comprehensive view on everyday life, accurate calorie consumption and activity data.
- Running Index : Provides a straightforward number that scores running performance. Running Index automatically provides an estimate of a runner’s Running Vo2max score based on their submaximal or typical runs.
- Running Program : Polar’s free, personalized and adaptive training program that offers guidance on completing anything from a 5k to a marathon.
- Swim Metrics: Tracks indoor and outdoor swimming sessions with metrics such as stroke rate and distance.